Your home is your castle; naturally, you want to do everything you can to protect it.
Our Simply Home buildings and contents insurance offers lower levels of cover than the Home Insurance Choices (HIC) product and is provided and underwritten by Legal & General. So, if the unexpected happens, this home insurance policy can not only cover the value of your home and belongings, but also provide valuable help and support when you need it the most.
You should consider which of our policies will suit your needs. Our Home Insurance Choices policy will provide a higher level of cover, whereas our Simply Home Insurance policy will provide less cover.
As well as providing protection for all of the normal insurable events you would expect, such as fire, storm, flood, theft, vandalism, escape of water and subsidence, Legal & General's Simply Home buildings and contents policy also includes the following cover as standard:
- Accidental damage to underground pipes or cables serving your home
- Alternative accommodation, should you need to move out of your home because of an insured event
- Replacing locks and keys to the external doors to your home if your keys are lost or stolen, up to £500
For an additional charge, you can include:
- Accidental damage e.g. accidental breakage of mirrors and fixed glass in furniture, accidental damage to computers, TVs and stereos
- Cover for your personal possessions in and away from the home, in the UK and worldwide. Choose from:
- Unspecified personal property (includes personal money)
- Pedal cycle cover
- Specified articles
As with all insurance policies, there are certain things the insurance doesn't cover:
- The first £100 of each claim, or the first £1,000 of each claim for subsidence, heave or landslip, and the first £250 for escape of water claims.
- Loss or damage caused by malicious acts, vandalism, theft, escape of water, leakage of oil or breakage of glass or sanitary ware, or frost if your home has been left empty for more than 30 consecutive days.
- Storm or flood damage to fences, gates and hedges
The above are examples of limitations and exclusions that apply. For more details of what is and isn't covered, please read the Policy Booklet and Insurance Product Information Document (IPID).
Want to buy Home Insurance?
If you would like to buy a home insurance policy, please complete the form below and we will phone you back. Alternatively, you can contact us on 0800 378 669. Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm. We may record and monitor calls.