Landlords, looking to protect your rental property?
Your rental property can be a great asset, but if you're unprepared or just plain unlucky, it can fast become a burden. Thankfully, our Landlords' Insurance cover provided and underwritten by Legal & General can help protect your property.
Comprehensive, flexible cover
Our comprehensive policy provides buildings and contents cover with the option to add accidental damage or malicious damage by tenants and legal expenses and rent guarantee cover, to help ensure protection for your investment.
You can cover up to 10 properties under one easy-to-manage policy. You'll benefit from:
- A single premium
- One common renewal date
- A single set of policy documents making the administration of your policy easier to manage
- Automatic multiple property discounts based on portfolio size (maximum of 10 properties)
A provider you can trust
Our Landlords' insurance is provided by Legal & General, a well recognised and trusted brand with over 90 years' experience of insuring homes.
Choose the level of cover that's right for you. Our comprehensive buildings insurance covers you for:
- Cover for rebuilding costs up to £800,000
- Insurance against damage from fire, flood, leakage of oil or falling trees
- Property owner's liability to third parties - up to £2million
- Accidental breakage to fixed items such as glass and bathroom suites
- Cover for loss of rent or alternative accommodation for your tenant, up to £40,000
- Home Emergency cover - up to £500 towards emergency call outs and repairs
- Costs of tracing and accessing leaks - up to £5,000
Add on contents cover or increase your protection with optional accidental damage and malicious damage by tenants cover and/or legal expenses, rent guarantee and eviction of squatters cover.
Our Landlords' contents insurance covers you for:
- Household goods, furniture, curtains or rugs
- Contents in outbuildings, gardens and communal areas
- Loss of metered water up to £1,000, included as standard
- Replacement locks and keys for external doors if keys are stolen, up to £750
Legal expenses and rent guarantee cover:
- Legal expenses cover provides up to £50,000 cover for legal costs or fees if your tenant breaches their tenancy agreement
- Rent guarantee provides cover for unpaid rent for up to 12 months
- Squatters cover - negotiation for your legal rights to evict anyone who is not your tenant and does not have permission to be there
Optional accidental damage and malicious damage by tenants cover:
- Extended accidental damage cover on buildings - for accidental damage, such as banging a nail through a pipe or putting your foot through the ceiling whilst in the loft
- Accidental damage cover on contents - cover for accidental damage, such as spilling coffee on the sofa.
- Includes deliberate damage by tenants to buildings or contents
As with all insurance policies, exclusions, limitations and eligibility and acceptance criteria apply. Excesses also apply to the policy:
- The first £100 of every claim except in the event of claims for accidental damage and malicious damage by tenants and escape of water where the excess is £250 and
- In the event of subsidence, heave or landslip, where the excess is £1,000
The above are examples of limitations and exclusions that apply.
For more details, please read the Landlords' Policy Summary. For full details of the cover, please read the Insurance Product Information Document.
Want to buy Landlords' Insurance?
If it's time to renew your existing cover or if you're simply looking for an alternative to your current cover, please complete the form below and we will phone you back. Alternatively, you can contact us on 0800 378 669. Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm. We may record and monitor calls.