What should I expect to receive from the Teachers Buyers Club?
With hints, tips, information and guides, we’ll demystify the buying process and leave you confident, calm and in control, guided by experts with years of experience in helping first time buyer teachers like you.
Join a community of like-minded individuals and share your questions and get helpful information alongside other teachers who are also on the road to buying their first home.
Please note that whilst we offer general hints and tips in this environment, no official advice is given in the forum. This is due to each situation being different and dependent on multiple factors, however you may contact us through the forum to arrange an appointment to discuss your situation directly.
Topics & Key Stages of the Buying Process
As a member of the Teachers Buyers Club you will get access to regular content designed to help you navigate the first time buyer journey:
- Saving for a deposit
- Working out how much you can afford
- Finding a home and making an offer
- Making a mortgage application
- Getting professional support
- Arranging a completion date
- Exchanging Contracts
- Preparing for ownership
- Completion day
Not likely to be buying until 2023? Get ahead of the game and sign up to our Buyers Club 2023.
How Teachers Building Society Helps First Time Buyer Teachers
As the UK’s only lender to focus exclusively on lending to teachers, we:
- Offer mortgages for up to 5 times joint salary (only one needs to be a teacher);
- Offer mortgages with just a 5% deposit;
- Save our best (lowest) rates exclusively for teachers;
- Take teacher pay grades into account;
- Provide ‘fee free’ mortgage options;
- Offer mortgages to ECTs (NQTs), supply and contract teachers.
Would you like to know what you could borrow from us?
Arrange a short appointment with a mortgage adviser who’ll work it out for you by clicking here
For details of the full criteria, please contact us. All mortgage applications are subject to underwriting.