Equality and Diversity
We believe that a sustainable and successful business depends upon a diverse and inclusive workforce where employees are empowered to achieve their best, regardless of their gender, race, religion, nationality, age or sexual orientation. We have a zero tolerance policy for any form of discrimination and select our employees based on their ability to deliver the best results for our members.
Whilst we are confident that our pay and reward structures are fair and pay men and women in similar roles equally, we recognise there is a representation issue within the Society with more men holding senior roles and more women holding junior roles. We have policies in place to ensure that we take positive action to address this, but recognise there is always more to do.
We will continue to:
- Provide equal pay to employees in similar roles of equal value to the Society
- Review our recruitment practices, working with external agencies to produce balanced shortlists
- Review and update our equality and diversity policy on an annual basis
- Conduct regular bench-marking exercises against our sector and the local market
- Ensure that all employees undertake regular equality and diversity training
- Offer equal benefits to all employees, regardless of their rank or working hours
- Ensure that each gender represents at least a third of any short-list for a senior management function
"As a father of both a daughter and a son, I care deeply about this subject. At Teachers, we have policies in place to ensure that at Board level and amongst our workforce generally we strive to achieve diversity and fair treatment. We recognise there is always more to do, requiring ongoing monitoring and commitment in order to drive positive change."
Simon Beresford, Chief Executive