Cash ISA Notice 90 (Issue 4)
A new issue Cash ISA offering an attractive interest rate for CURRENT tax year subscriptions only, no bonus, just a great rate
Benefits to you
- Tax Free Savings Account
- The minimum investment amount is £100
- One attractive variable interest rate, currently 1.65% gross/AER
- Withdrawals can be made at any time by giving 90 days' written notice by post to the Society. Immediate withdrawals without notice can be made but will be subject to a charge equivalent to 90 days' gross interest at the then current rate on the sum withdrawn.
- Withdrawals will be transferred to the investor's nominated bank account by Faster Payments
- Interest paid on 5th April
For more information about the account, please see the account summary page
How to apply
Download the application form.
If you have any questions regarding this product or the application form you can contact us:
Complete and sign the form and post it to:
Teachers Building Society,
To view the application form you will need to use Adobe Acrobat Reader, if you do not have this installed on your computer please click here to download it.
You must be sure that you have read and understood, how the account works and that it will suit your requirements.
At Teachers we like satisfied customers. If you are not happy with your new account you can switch to another type within 14 days or have your money refunded with interest. See our General Terms and Conditions for further details.
We appreciate that there may be occassions when you have a complaint. For information on our complaints procedure please click here.
The Society is a participant in the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). For more information on this, please click here.
Protecting your account - we will treat your account and personal information as private and confidential. There are some things you can do to prevent misuse of your account. Please click here for more information.
There are a number of HM Revenue & Customs limits regarding ISAs you should be aware of as follows:
- You can save up to £11,520 in each tax year
- You can choose to save up to £5,760 in a Cash ISA with one provider each tax year and not pay tax on any interest earned. The remainder of the £11,520 annual allowance not invested in a Cash ISA can be invested in a stocks and shares ISA with either the same or different provider
- You cannot pay into more than one Cash ISA in the same tax year
- If you do not subscribe to a Cash ISA in the previous tax year but then decide to add to it for the current tax year, you will have to complete a new application form before payment can be made
- The tax year runs from 6th April to 5th April the following year
The Government has said that ISAs will be available indefinitely
Frequently Asked Questions
We operate postal saving/mortgage accounts and a telephone mortgage service.
The Law of England and Wales will apply to this contract.
All communication between you and us will be in English.
All details correct as at 5th September 2013